The term refers to a house with direct electrical heating. When configuring There Direct product package, the house is divided into one or more temperature zones. A zone refers to a part of the house for which heating can be controlled from the electrical center. The simplest configuration has only one temperature zone.
More zones are added if the house has
1. Different direct electrical heating methods or their combinations in different areas,
2. More than one floor,
3. Separate area e.g. garage, which is to be controlled individually,
4. Different areas e.g. a wing, for which different temperature settings are desired.
In practice each temperature zone is heated by one of the following:
1. Direct electrical heating with wall radiators, non-storing underfloor cable heating or ceiling radiators, or
2. Storing on partly storing underfloor cable heating.